Loving God - Creating Hope - Changing Lives
Our first worship service was held November 15, 1964 at Southern Hills Jr. High School. The interim pastor was the Rev. William O. Byrd from First Methodist Church in downtown Boulder.
April 4, 1965 was our Charter Sunday and groundbreaking for our building. We also were able to buy the parsonage at 1245 Gillaspie Drive. On June 20, 1965, our first pastor, the Rev. Tom English, arrived. Our first church service was held in the new building on November 14, 1965 and the building was consecrated on January 30, 1966. By April 28, 1968, we were needing more space and we broke ground for an addition.
After many years of problems with a leaky flat roof, we raised the roof of the sanctuary area and bought new pews to replace the folding chairs in 1990. In 1992 we added a fellowship hall on the west side of the building and named it Franz Hall to honor the Rev. Jerry Franz, our pastor at the time.
Come join us as we journey together in Christian living.
Pastors of St. Paul's United Methodist Church
1965-1971 Rev. Tom English
1971-1975 Rev. Alan Nesbitt
1975-1978 Rev. Marion Hixon
1978-1983 Rev. Ed Paup
1983-1989 Rev. Ken Kendrick
1989-1992 Rev. Patricia (Kirton) Westlake
1992-1994 Rev. Jerry Franz
1994-1999 Rev. Monte Baker
1999-2005 Rev. Jim Luallen
2005-2006 Rev. Youngsook Kang
2006-2009 Rev. Rhea Barningham
2009-2019 Rev. Dr. Scott Schiesswohl
2019- Rev. Dr. Charles Alkula